Green Procurement Initiatives
To provide the market with environmentally friendly, high-quality products, we prioritize the procurement of product materials and parts that cause the least amount of environmental burden. We have adopted the following policies as our basic procurement principles to ensure that we can deliver environmentally friendly products to our customers.
- Purchasing of environmentally friendly materials and parts
- Conduct business with companies that proactively implement environmental conservation initiatives
Promotion of Green Procurement (Green Procurement Guidelines)
We are advocating “promotion of green procurement” in line with the environmental management system “Environmental Action Guidelines”. With a view to reducing environmental stress in our supply chain, we formulated the “Amano Corporation Green Procurement Guidelines.” Based on these guidelines, we conduct surveys on raw & product materials, parts, and halffinished products including component units, delivered by our business partners to check whether they contain any substances that we designate as hazardous. We ask our suppliers to comply with the following requirements:
- Conduct a content test of regulated chemical substances for each batch of raw material and parts we procure. (submission of a chemSHERPA file)
- In our manufacturing processes, we do not use substances that Amano has designated as being banned from use in production processes. (submission of a certificate of non-use)
Green Purchasing and Procurement Activities
- Regarding the equipment and supplies managed by General Affairs Department, since 1999, Amano has been promoting the purchase of “eco-mark” products and energy saving equipment along with “green” office supplies. We are continuing to switch to "Green" products for stationery, office supplies, and other purchases. The “Green” product purchasing rate in FY 2022 was 45.7% (among stationery office supplies).
- We will select and purchase products that have been adequately considered for recycling after disposal.
- For electronic devices with high energy consumption, such as multifunctional copiers, we will carefully compare the functionalities and energy consumption levels and select models that are superior in terms of cost performance. We will then promote device renewals.
- We repair usable equipment and supplies as much as possible to extend their lifetime in order to reduce disposals from simple renewals.
- When renewing machinery, materials and office equipment, we will select those which are environmentally friendly.
- When purchasing items for production, we implement measures to reduce waste, such as returning and reusing wooden frames and pallets for heavy parts, reusing packaging materials, and introducing returnable boxes, etc.
- We have improved traditional quotation methods (using paper forms) by promoting electronic quotations systems.
Simplify product packaging
Simplify product packaging
Reuse of cushvioning material