Amano Corporation Personal Information Protection Policy
The Amano Corporation (hereafter called our company) was first founded in 1931 and reestablished in 1945 as a company offering a diverse range of products and solutions for business operations including information systems, time management products parking systems, environmental systems and clean systems.
Our company believes it has a duty to society to protect all personal information including the personal information of our customers and so has established the following "Personal Information Protection Policy" which Amano will strictly and meticulously uphold.
1. Continual improvement of management systems for safeguarding personal information.
- Our company has established a personal information protection management system in compliance with Japan Industrial Standards JISQ15001 that relates to the safeguarding of personal information. We will strive to implement, maintain and also periodically review these standards to make continuous improvements.
2. Complying with legal requirements for protecting personal information.
- Our company will identify legal requirements involving the handling and protection of personal information, national policies and other standards and will strictly comply with these rules.
3. Specify what is personal information.
- Our company will establish procedures for identifying personal information provided for our business operations, will make ourselves aware of multi-faceted risks in handling that information, analyze the situation, and strive to make corrections and prevent loss or damage due to leakage or disclosure of personal information.
4. Principles for obtaining, using and providing personal information.
- When acquiring personal information, our company will specify its purpose and shall be obtained in a lawful and fair manner.
- Our company will manage the acquired personal information in an appropriate manner and with the exception for cases where such information is legally required, shall limit use of that information within a specially restricted range and establish measures to prevent use of that information for any other purpose.
- Our company will not disclose or provide the acquired personal information to third parties unless the subject individual has given their consent and/or the information is legally required.
5. Help Desk for inquiries, consultation and complaints.
- Our company has established a Help Desk to assist people with inquiries, consultation and complaints regarding our personal information protection management system and the handling of personal information.
[Help Desk for inquiries, consultation and complaints]
Phone：045(439)1507 Sales & Marketing Planning Division (direct line)
FAX：045(439)1150 Sales & Marketing Planning Division
Enacted: Jan. 23, 2004 / Revised: Jun. 30, 2017
President & Representative Director Hiroyuki TSUDA
Our company has received accreditation with the Privacy Mark from the JIPDEC.
The privacy mark is given to business operators that comply with the Japanese Industrial Standard JIS Q 15001: 2006 "Personal Information Protection Management System-Requirements" and maintain a system for taking appropriate protection measures for personal information.
Our company’s handling of personal information
Amano Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “our Company”) recognizes that protecting personal information of all people who have provided personal information is an important responsibility as a business operator that handles personal information and for this objective our company has established handling policies as follows.
Further, the following matter is published based on a personal information protection law and Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS Q 15001).
1. Business operator & Administrator of personal information protection
Amano Corporation Executive Operating Officer / Corporate Administration Supervisory
2. The acquisition and the use of personal information
- When acquiring personal information, our company shall handle it appropriately and in compliance with related laws & regulations.
- If our company acquires personal information directly from the customer via documentation or over the web, our company will specify the purpose of use.
However, if the purpose of use is clear at the time of acquisition of such information, this shall not be the case.
- Our company shall use personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use listed in the personal information and purpose of use list.
- Our company shall use personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use disclosed herein. If our company requests the provision of personal information and the consent of its use for reasons other than listed in this disclosure, our company shall limit the use to what is consented.
- In the event where it is necessary to use personal information beyond the scope of disclosed purpose of use, our company will specify the new purpose for consent and shall be used only within the scope of this new consent.
- In consignment businesses, the use of personal information provided by the consigner shall be limited to the scope defined in the contract.
3. The provision of personal information to third-parties
Our company will not provide personal information to third parties unless required by law and in the following cases:
- Our company has obtained the prior consent to do so from the customer.
- In order to achieve the purpose of use, personal information may be provided to third party business partners, such as consignees and agents which are under the appropriate supervision of our company,.
- In the case of joint use.
(a) The scope of joint users: Our affiliated domestic group companies as indicated in our company website. For details please refer to our official website.
(b) The items for joint use: Name, Address, Occupation (organization, division, position), telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, URL, purchase and maintenance history.
(c) The purpose of joint use: Joint use will be made within the scope of purpose set out for each of the above business activities.
(d) The party responsible for joint use: Amano Corporation.
4. Inquiries and procedures regarding the disclosure of personal information
- The procedures and contact point for customers (in person) or customers (agents by proxy) who wish to inquire, change, suspend the use of personal information, etc. shall be the customer consultation desk as below.
- Upon receiving contact, our company may request the customer for identification if in person, or validity of representation if by an agent. Our company would appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- Please note that if any of the following conditions apply, our company may not be able to respond to the request.
- If our company is unable to confirm the identity of customer or the validity of agent representation.
- If our company is requested to disclose, correct, add, delete, suspend use of personal information which are not subject to disclosure (retained personal data).
- If the disclosure of personal information (retained personal data) has the possibility to cause any risks that may endanger the life, property, and/or cause bodily injury and/or violate other rights of the customer (in person) and/or a third party.
- If the disclosure of personal information (retained personal data) could seriously hinder the running of our business
- If the disclosure of personal information (retained personal data) could cause violation of other laws and regulations.
- If the request for altering personal information subject to disclosure (retained personal data) is deemed unnecessary for its intended purpose of use, or different from the facts.
- If the request for deletion or suspension of use (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”) regarding personal information subject to disclosure (retained personal data), cannot be substantiated by our company’s procedural violations (i.e. use outside the purpose of use, the acquisition of, or the provision of personal information to a third party for reasons other than the stipulations in Chapter 3, Article (1), Paragraphs A to C).
- In the case where our company receives a request for suspension of using personal information subject to disclosure (retained personal data) but the circumstances does not allow us to do so, and there are alternative measures to protect the rights and benefits of the customer (in person).
Personal Information Help Desk for inquiries, consultation and complaints
Amano Corporation Sales & Marketing Planning Division
275 Mamedocho, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, 222-8558 Japan
Tel: 045-439-1507 (Direct) (Weekdays 09:00 – 17:00)
5. The handling of personal information on the website
(1)Wiretapping prevention measures during communications
When the customer (in person) provides highly confidential information such as personal information via a website operated by our company, the information will be encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to prevent wiretapping during electronic communication.
In order to ensure security and improve usability of the links accessed through our website, cookies, web beacons and IP addresses may be used for the following purposes:
- To identify and solve the cause of problems that occurred on the server.
- To improve the contents of websites and e-mails.
- To use browsing history etc. for marketing activities.
- To create and use statistical data, based on the personal information provided,
(3)The use of log information
When our website is visited, we record the access log information including the visitor’s IP address. This information is used to determine the utilization status of our website and the information will not be used to identify any individual unless it is necessary to contact the visitor or if the user visits pages requiring user authentication.
(4) The handling of personal information at linked destinations
Our website contains links to various websites which are operated by entities outside the Amano group. As such, we cannot be held responsible for the handling of personal information on websites operated by entities other than Amano group entities.
✻1. This refers to the identification information sent from a web server when a website is accessed by a browser, and sent from the browser to the web server when accessed again.
✻2. This refers to a small image file included in a page of a website used for logging the page access.
6．Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization
Our company is subject to the supervision of the Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization. Any complaints regarding our handling of personal information can be directed this organization.
Please refrain from making inquiries regarding our products and services.
(1) Name of the Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization:
A general incorporated association, JIPDEC
(2) Contact to resolve complaints:
Personal Information Protection Consultation Service Office
Roppongi First Bldg., 9-9 Roppongi 1-Chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo,
TEL: 03-5860-7565 / Toll free: 0120-700-779
7. The revision of contents
Please note that we may revise the contents of “Our company’s handling of personal information” from time to time depending on safety improvement levels and/or in accordance with the revisions made on related laws and regulations. As such we recommend that you regularly check our website for any changes.
Revised: Apr. 1, 2015